Friday, February 10, 2012

I love my job....

Of course, my first and most important job is to be a good mother to my beautiful children, Hannah, Zach and Kaleb.  However, my paid day job is pretty nice too.  I truly enjoy being a teacher.  Today my junior honors language arts students were in the computer lab working on a research paper.  One of my classes was honestly driving me crazy:  chatting with each other and demanding my attention every moment.  It was one of those "I'd really rather be any where but here" times.  However, just as I was thinking this, I took a deep breath and looked around the room at each student individually.  There was not one student in the room that I didn't care about nor wish for his or her success.  Although I have been a manager, administrator, and dean of faculty, I truly believe that being a teacher is one of my most difficult, most important, and most rewarding positions.  One of my students today called me "Mama Watkins."  That is truly how I feel; my students are my classroom children, and I want the very best for each one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that kids have great teachers like you! Wish/hope they all feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    After being an 8th grade middle school teacher for 5 years I can relate. I have a quick question about your adoption. Can you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!
    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete