Sunday, March 18, 2012

Three days before take off...

Okay, so I think that by the time I get on the plane I may suffer a nervous breakdown.  This past Tues., I was in a car accident (Yes, it was my fault.) and yesterday I received a phone call from my mother telling me that she did not feel well enough to make the trip to Loganville to watch the kids.  AGHHHHH!!!! 

Well, I've always bought into the saying that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but I don't know how much sugar I have left in the pantry.  (Like the metaphor?)  However, I have to say that the sweetest part of my life right now, other than my delicious children, is my dear sister, who is traveling last minute from Lexington, KY with her daughter to watch the kids until spring break.  Then, my in-laws and brother and sister-in-law will take over until we get home.  (They are also right up there in sweetness.)  Below is one of my favorite pics of her and her beautiful daughter, Meredith.


On a positive note, all of my essays are graded and my plans are almost ready for my permanent substitute at school.  I am beginning to pack and spent a great afternoon with my daughter getting our nails done.  Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of last minute changes. I'm happy you are okay from the accident and what a blessing to have family step up when there's a need!

    Enjoy the nails and have fun on your trip! I cannot wait to follow along. I sure hope you get a chance to see Xia Song! When is Gotcha Day?

    Praying that you have a safe trip and that all goes smoothly from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vicky! I am hoping to read a post from our Yahoo group that you have TA soon. It will be here before you know it!

      Delete
  2. WOW -- it is FINALLY (almost) time! After how many years? I'm so happy for you ALL. So glad the plans worked out -- God wants you to get to China -- He will be with you through ALL of the details! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lucy - It's only been almost 5 years. :) Thanks for all of your encouragement, advice, etc. Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming our way!

    ReplyDelete