Friday, March 2, 2012

Travel Approval Today!!!

Wow!  I think I'm still in shock.  We received an email around 11:15 this morning stating that we have travel approval (TA)!  This is HUGE!  This means that the Chinese Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCWA) has reviewed our documents and given the FINAL approval for us to travel to China to bring Chloe home.  Now, we just have to wait for our agency to receive the hard-copy of the approval (which could be later today or Monday), so they can request our Consulate appointment.  All of our travel will revolve around our Consulate appointment date, so this is really the final piece of the puzzle.

Based on our TA, our agency gave us two options in terms of travel.

Option 1

Leave around March 14 - 16 and return some time around March 28 - 31.

Option 2

Leave around March 21 - 23 and return some time around April 5 - 7.

Because we would like adequate time to prepare (Tim's basketball banquet is March 19.), we did request Option 2 as our first option.  However, we said we could definitely do Option 1 if Option 2 is not a possibility.

I am so excited and overwhelmed that I'm not sure what to do first!  I'm just loving the fact that we'll be able to meet her so soon.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on your approval!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! I am so glad you'll be blogging so we can follow your journey!

    Jessica (Huainan mama and LWB volunteer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out your exciting news during my every-six-week visit to facebook- how thrilling! I am looking forward to more pictures! Becca

    ReplyDelete