Saturday, April 14, 2012

The First Week...

I know I won't probably be an every day blogger like I was when we were in China, but my goal is to at least post an update once a week.

Chloe continues to adjust more and more each day.  Our sleep-time battles have become "small arguments" and last night she slept in her room the entire night.  (However, I almost tripped over her brother Kaleb who was sleeping on my floor by 2:00 a.m.)  She and Kaleb are definitely bonding more.  I have some mommy tug-a-war moments, but I do not hear Kaleb ask "When is Chloe going home?" anymore.

Sibling love
She also wants to do everything her big brother and sister does.


I took her to the doctor on Wednesday, but I left all of her records at home, so we had to re-schedule for Monday.  On Thursday, we had a dentist appointment, but the dentist took one look in Chloe's mouth and referred us to a pediadontist.  Just looking her mouth, he said she had at least 7 or 8 cavities.  One of her molars has deteriorated to just the root and she may need a crown on another.  He suggested, and my cousin who is a pediadontist in FL confirmed, that it would be best to put her completely under to do the process.  Then, they could get everything done in one shot.  He could also take x-rays while she is under and repair anything else then.  The other choice would be multiple dental visits where she would be put in to the "twilight" sleep to get it done; however, by putting her under, she would not remember the process nor have (hopefully) negative associations with the dental office since it would be done in the hospital.  I think that's the route we're going to do.  Now, we're just waiting for insurance approval and, of course, the okay from both her pediatrician and her cardiologist (whom we'll be referred to on Mon.).  On the positive side, she'll have it done before her permanent teeth come in, so the decay issue will be limited to only baby teeth.

We hope that her doctor appointment will go well on Monday.  She's still very thin, but she is soooo much more healthy than when we first got her.
 

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see Chloe doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to see Chloe and Kalep having a good time together.

    Hope everything goes well at the doctor appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I have been on computer much...I am sooo happy for you and your beautiful family!!!

      Delete
  3. I just went back and reread your post! I love the photos of Chole and Kaleb! BTW, i love the name Chole! It would be wonderful if she could get her dental work all at one time! I have made both the girls dental appointments and wonder what they'll find!

    Have a great week and I pray that your bonding and adjustment continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete