Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Night in Hong Kong

Today was a pack and wait day.  It was raining in Guangzhou, so our entertainment consisted of an inside dance party and Chinese soap operas.  (Chloe loves them.)  There was a lull in the rain around lunch time, so we headed for a quick trip to McDonalds.

Chloe's visa was ready for pick up at 4:15 and we piled in the van around 4:30 for Hong Kong.  We were kind of surprised that Karen and her crew had a separate vehicle than we did.  However, Chloe did well on the ride.  She slept, ate a little, played a little, and only needed one bathroom break.  

We arrived at the Marriott in Hong Kong around 7:30.  Even though it was dark when we arrived, I can tell that it's a beautiful country.  (We had to go through a border check and customs before entering.)  I'll post pics when we get home.  I can't seem to find my camera tonight....It's hard to believe that the next time I write, we'll be back in Georgia.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to Hong Kong. I look forward to hearing how your flight home went.

    We took a train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete